It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aion Beta
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:01 pm 
Grunt
Grunt

So I got the Aion beta key from a friend and tried it out. First thing everyone notices is how much detail you can put into character creation. Here is my new warrior.

So far, fun game. I dont see how long it will last, since replayability once you are max level seems bleak(though I have not got there)

Combat control is cool, as it has a combo system. No more lazy auto attacks to kill mobs, you will die. Facerolling will cost a lot of downtime in recovery of HP or MP, if you dont die from it. I have done a bit of pvp, and of course mages seem to be the OP class with huge burst damage and strong rooting/stunning CCs, followed maybe by priests, as their subclass, clerics have the second highest damage mitigation in the game aside from warrior tanks. And the heals they can pull off make them last quite a while.

Post subject: Re: Aion Beta
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 pm 
Grunt
Grunt

Yeah, I got the code and tried it out the first week it was available. Still dunno. I mean, it's a fun game and all, it's just....not worth leaving WoW for imo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:46 am 

if any one Happens to have a code they dont want PM it to me lol. I whent and downloaded the game just for something to fart around with. Then i realized right as i was finishing up that i would probaly need some kind of info to put in there. Sure enough. I didnt have much time to fart around with it, how do i even get them to send me a code? Im going check the page, but if some one has a soluiton befor i get one. That would be leet sauce lol =D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 pm 

I read some more on the website. Apparently the beta is now closes lol. Well that was a waste of about 4 hours of downloading.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:50 pm 
Grunt
Grunt

Blurest wrote:
I read some more on the website. Apparently the beta is now closes lol. Well that was a waste of about 4 hours of downloading.

It starts and stops every weekend. Damn Koreans and their nonsense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:03 am 

Yeah well its coming out for down load monday and goes on sale next tuesday or wensday. Im probaly going to direct to drive it, same with my girl friend. She wants to play it, and ive been playing wow for quite some time now i wouldnt mind havn something elese on the side to fart around with when im not on my main. Instead of playing one of my 3 alts. Im not expecting much from the game. But im just trying to keep my self occuppied and entertained untill Star Wars The Old Republic comes out. I have been keeping a close eye on that one. Release date is supposed to be announced some time in 2010. So ied imagine the game will come out either late 2010. Or early to mid 2011. Cant wait.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:45 am 
Grunt
Grunt

i believe a 10 hour trial is available... FUCKING STUPID....i need more than 10 hours to decide whether or not i want a cougar or a teen in my life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:39 am 
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

cougar. took me about 4 seconds.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:43 pm 
Lt. General
Lt. General

I bought it a few days after it came out. It's a pretty fun game. There are still a lot of bugs in it since it's a fairly new world. It seems that the designers made it to be very similar to WOW, gameplay wise. Anyhow I probably logged 10 hours on it total and kinda got bored.